2006-03-17 10:59:22

by Sowmya Gattupalli

Subject: [Bluez-users] Vend/id 0xa12 /0x1

Hi
Please help me out... i know my question is silly... i have to find out...
My dongle's vendor id and prod id is 0xa12 and 0x001... will be able to find
out which manufacturer from this info???

And if there are any Indians out here please let me know where I can find
it!!

(I know its CSR chipset.... ))

Thanks a zillion in advance
Soumya

Attachments:
(No filename) (344.00 B)
(No filename) (379.00 B)

by Thomas Arendsen Hein

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Vend/id 0xa12 /0x1

* Sowmya Gattupalli <[email protected]> [20060317 12:01]:
> Please help me out... i know my question is silly... i have to find out...
> My dongle's vendor id and prod id is 0xa12 and 0x001... will be able to find
> out which manufacturer from this info???
>
> (I know its CSR chipset.... ))

I have Acer and Cellink dongles with this USB id, so this is not
helpful, but you can look at the BD addr:

"hcitool dev" will give you something like
Devices:
hci0 00:0A:94:xx:xx:xx

Just enter the first three pairs (without colons, i.e. 000A94) in
the OUI search form at:
http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml

and you'll get something like:
00-0A-94 (hex) ShangHai cellink CO., LTD
000A94 (base 16) ShangHai cellink CO., LTD
C3 MeiLong ZhongXin Industrial Park,No.1
ShangHai 200237
CHINA

Thomas

--
Email: [email protected]
http://intevation.de/~thomas/

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Vend/id 0xa12 /0x1

Hi Soumya,

> Please help me out... i know my question is silly... i have to find
> out...
> My dongle's vendor id and prod id is 0xa12 and 0x001... will be able
> to find out which manufacturer from this info???

this is the USB vendor ID of CSR and the product ID indicates a normal
HCI device.

Regards

Marcel