2006-03-18 07:08:18

by Sowmya Gattupalli

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Vend/id 0xa12 /0x1

Hi Thomas
my hcitool dev is
root@zin03uislnx-10 root]# hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 00:09:DD:10:00:CC
[root@zin03uislnx-10 root]#

and when i typed in the site... it gave:
So what does this mean??

00-09-DD (hex) Mavin Technology Inc.
*0009DD* (base 16) Mavin Technology Inc.
Room 305, Bldg. 52 No. 195-28
Sec. 4 Chung-Hsing Rd.
Chutung, Hsinchu 310
TAIWAN, REPUBLIC OF CHINA

I have Acer and Cellink dongles with this USB id, so this is not
helpful, but you can look at the BD addr:

"hcitool dev" will give you something like
Devices:
hci0 00:0A:94:xx:xx:xx

Just enter the first three pairs (without colons, i.e. 000A94) in
the OUI search form at:
http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml

and you'll get something like:
00-0A-94 (hex) ShangHai cellink CO., LTD
000A94 (base 16) ShangHai cellink CO., LTD
C3 MeiLong ZhongXin Industrial Park,No.1
ShangHai 200237
CHINA

Thomas

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.09 kB)
(No filename) (1.79 kB)

by Thomas Arendsen Hein

* Sowmya Gattupalli <[email protected]> [20060318 08:09]:
> my hcitool dev is
> root@zin03uislnx-10 root]# hcitool dev
> Devices:
> hci0 00:09:DD:10:00:CC
> [root@zin03uislnx-10 root]#
>

> and when i typed in the site... it gave:
> So what does this mean??
>

> 00-09-DD (hex) Mavin Technology Inc.
> *0009DD* (base 16) Mavin Technology Inc.
> Room 305, Bldg. 52 No. 195-28
> Sec. 4 Chung-Hsing Rd.
> Chutung, Hsinchu 310
> TAIWAN, REPUBLIC OF CHINA

So your bluetooth device is probably made by Mavin Technology.

Searching for "Mavin bluetooth" in your favourite search engine
might give you more hints.

Thomas

--
Email: [email protected]