2006-03-08 16:46:41

by Yu Zhi

Subject: [Bluez-users] Fwd: DHCP for dund

I'd using dund to establush connectino with my Pocket PC. Here's the steps I'd taken:

1) I'd typed the following command in a terminal:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
hcid
sdpd

2) Put the following lines in a file called /etc/ppp/peers/dun
115200
192.168.1.18:10.0.1.40
local
ms-dns 192.168.1.1
noauth
debug

3) run in terminal
dund --nodetach --listen --persist --msdun call dun

The steps work perfectly for my PDA to dialup to my linux server, and manage to browse the content in my webserver. However, the steps are only to assign fixed IP (in this case 10.0.1.40) to my PDA. I wish to have multiple PDA connect to the linux server, and hence fixed IP is not a solution. What should I do if i wanted DHCP server support dund for my case. Please advice.

p/s I'm very fresh in Linux environment. The steps are taken and edited from http://howto.pilot-link.org/bluesync/ga.html. Please teach me step by step.

Regards,
Albert

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail

by Thomas Arendsen Hein

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Fwd: DHCP for dund

* Yu Zhi <[email protected]> [20060308 16:47]:
> I'd using dund to establush connectino with my Pocket PC. Here's the steps I'd taken:
>
> 2) Put the following lines in a file called /etc/ppp/peers/dun
> 115200
> 192.168.1.18:10.0.1.40
> local
> ms-dns 192.168.1.1
> noauth
> debug
>
> The steps work perfectly for my PDA to dialup to my linux server,
> and manage to browse the content in my webserver. However, the
> steps are only to assign fixed IP (in this case 10.0.1.40) to my
> PDA. I wish to have multiple PDA connect to the linux server, and
> hence fixed IP is not a solution.

Instead of 192.168.1.18:10.0.1.40 in /etc/ppp/dund I just use:
name dund

And in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets I have:
palm-foo palm "pass1" foo
palm-bar palm "pass2" bar

So if I log in using the PPP username 'palm-foo' (with password
'pass1') I get the hostname 'foo' assigned, with 'palm-bar' the
hostname 'bar'.

> What should I do if i wanted DHCP server support dund for my case.

I hoped somebody would answer this, but I didn't find a way to use
DHCP with PPP, too.

Thomas

--
Email: [email protected]