2006-07-03 18:01:30

by martin f krafft

Subject: [Bluez-users] btsco and not hearing or recording anything

Hi,

I just tried btsco for the first time with my BT250 headset,
connected by Bluetooth to a USB dongle plugged directly into a main
USB bus of the machine.

I can pair fine and see output, volume control and the 'answer call'
button cause btsco to receive events, but I cannot play or record
anything.

Here's what I do to record:

piper:/usr/local/stow> arecord -D plughw:Headset bla.wav
Recording WAVE 'bla.wav' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

btsco now says:

speaker volume: 11 mic volume: 15
i/o needed: connecting sco...
connected SCO channel
Done setting sco fd

then the headset beeps briefly, then btsco says:

recieved AT+VGS=11
Sending up speaker change 11

and then arecord and btsco just sit there and do nothing.

When I ctrl-c out of arecord, the generated file always has 44
bytes:

-rw-r--r-- 1 madduck staff 44 2006-07-03 20:00 bla.wav

and btsco says:

speaker volume: 11 mic volume: 15
driver is not in use
disconnected SCO channel

I checked the mixer and confirmed that the volume is up (75 for both
master and mic), and there's also AGC and Loopback controls, both of
which are muted (but unmuting makes no difference).

What am I overlooking?

martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
\____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

spamtraps: [email protected]

"the surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in
higher esteem those who think alike than those who think
differently."
-- friedrich nietzsche

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by martin f krafft

also sprach martin f krafft <[email protected]> [2006.07.03.2001 +0200]:
> Here's what I do to record:

* Output from hciconfig hci0 revision (Run hciconfig as root)
+ If it prints "SCO mapping: HCI" then your adapter should
work.

I have one of those...

+ If it prints "SCO mapping: PCM" then you might permanently
change the setting using a command like "pskey mapsco 0"
using bluez-utils-cvs but this is at your own risk.

and one of those...

+ If it doesn't print either of those, you probably need a
different bluetooth adapter (preferably "CSR" based). You
might be able to get a broadcom adapter to work if you apply
a [8]patch to force sco mtu values (eg works for F8T012; let
us know how it works on bluez-devel!)

and one of those...

It works on the first. Only on the first. What a shame, but I'll
just try to get ahold of a CSR adapter, as you say.

--
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
\____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck

spamtraps: [email protected]

gentoo: for when overclocking gets unexciting.

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)