2006-07-17 06:56:02

by Geoff Shang

Subject: [Bluez-users] Blootooth 2.0 devices

Hi,

Just purchasing some USB bluetooth dongles and wondered how well if at all
BlueTooth 2.0 was supported in the BlueZ stack. If not, what is the most
recent revision of the Bluetooth standard that is supported?

I'm currently using two Bluetooth 1.1 CSR-based dongles and want to get a
higher data rate on my PAN. Will going up to a 1.2 dongle achieve any
speed increase or do I need to make the move to a Bluetooth 2 dongle?

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <[email protected]>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html

by Thomas Arendsen Hein

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Blootooth 2.0 devices

* Geoff Shang <[email protected]> [20060717 08:56]:
> Just purchasing some USB bluetooth dongles and wondered how well if at all
> BlueTooth 2.0 was supported in the BlueZ stack. If not, what is the most
> recent revision of the Bluetooth standard that is supported?

2.0 is supported for quite a while now. I use a CSR-based one with
the bluez packages for Debian sarge, which are already somewhat old.

> I'm currently using two Bluetooth 1.1 CSR-based dongles and want to get a
> higher data rate on my PAN. Will going up to a 1.2 dongle achieve any
> speed increase or do I need to make the move to a Bluetooth 2 dongle?

1.2 isn't faster, so I'd recommend buying a 2.0 dongle. See the list
archive for recommended types.

Thomas

--
Email: [email protected]