2006-07-18 22:59:53

by manojt ambe

Subject: [Bluez-users] HCID startup error

I have installed following on CentOS 3.3.

bluez-libs-3.1.tar.gz
bluez-utils-3.1.tar.gz
bluez-firmware-1.2.tar.gz
bluez-hcidump-1.31.tar.gz I see following errors when i start hcid in /var/log/messages/
hcid[4770]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[4770]: Service could not become primary owner
hcid[4770]: Unable to get on D-Bus

I have started dbus using dbus-daemon and dbus-launch --system. The files system-bus-socket and messgebus.pid exist under /usr/local/var/run and /usr/local/var/run/dbus/.

Pls let me know what am i missing? Is there any documentation available to get bluez working with dbus?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Manoj

---------------------------------

(No filename) (348.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] HCID startup error

Hi Manoj,

> I have installed following on CentOS 3.3.
> bluez-libs-3.1.tar.gz
> bluez-utils-3.1.tar.gz
> bluez-firmware-1.2.tar.gz
> bluez-hcidump-1.31.tar.gz
> I see following errors when i start hcid in /var/log/messages/
> hcid[4770]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
> hcid[4770]: Service could not become primary owner
> hcid[4770]: Unable to get on D-Bus
>
> I have started dbus using dbus-daemon and dbus-launch --system. The
> files system-bus-socket and messgebus.pid exist
> under /usr/local/var/run and /usr/local/var/run/dbus/.
>
> Pls let me know what am i missing? Is there any documentation
> available to get bluez working with dbus?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

this seems like bluez-hcid.conf is not installed properly. If this is
placed in the wrong directory, D-Bus will reject any connections for
org.bluez and thus it won't work.

Regards

Marcel