2006-08-03 15:04:58

by Stefan Rompf

Subject: [Bluez-users] rfcomm-"server" for linux wanted

Hi,

I'm searching for a program that allows announcing an rfcomm service on
bluetooth and sending a file (with delays) after connection. I want to
simulate the datastream of a GPS receiver for debugging reasons.

Anyone can hint me to such an utility? Thanks!

Stefan

by Stefan Rompf

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] rfcomm-"server" for linux wanted

Hi Marcel,

> you can use "rfcomm listen ..." for that and after the connection has
> been established you can copy the data to the TTY. Otherwise you have to
> write such a small program by yourself. Look at rctest for an example.

I also needed to tell sdpd to announce the service with "sdptool add
--channel=28 SP", but then rfcomm processed the incoming connection nicely.
Thanks for your help!

Stefan

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Stefan,

> I'm searching for a program that allows announcing an rfcomm service on
> bluetooth and sending a file (with delays) after connection. I want to
> simulate the datastream of a GPS receiver for debugging reasons.
>
> Anyone can hint me to such an utility? Thanks!

you can use "rfcomm listen ..." for that and after the connection has
been established you can copy the data to the TTY. Otherwise you have to
write such a small program by yourself. Look at rctest for an example.

Regards

Marcel