2006-08-12 12:05:25

by Cris

Subject: [Bluez-users] inquiry scan

Hi list,

I'm trying to write a server which, among other things, also works
with bluetooth. I've got two questions:

First, is it actually true, that there is no way to perform an inquiry
scan and an obex transfer at the same time? Wouldn't there be a moment
in which the radio is idle, in which I could do other things with it?

The second question: In hci.h there is defined EVT_INQUIRY_COMPLETE
and EVT_INQUIRY_RESULT. My guess would be that, if I set the flag
O_NONBLOCK and revolve around a select, I should get notified as soon
as the inquiry is finished and a result is available. This is just
what I would like to do, but unfortunately, O_NONBLOCK after
hci_open_dev() won't cause hci_inquiry() to return before the inquiry
of the given length has finished. So, how can I get hci_inquiry to
return immediately?

Cris