2006-08-15 21:08:37

by Emmanuel Lesouef

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem transferring file to a Sony T630 cellular phone

Hello bluez-users list,

I'm currently trying to setup the communication between my laptop and my
cell phone (Sony Ericsson T630)

elesouef@lothlorien:~$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 Manu-T630
elesouef@lothlorien:~$ sdptool browse 00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 |grep "Service Name"
Service Name: Dial-up Networking
Service Name: Voice gateway
Service Name: Serial Port 1
Service Name: Serial Port 2
Service Name: OBEX Object Push
Service Name: IrMC Synchronization
Service Name: HF Voice gateway
Service Name: OBEX Basic Imaging
Service Name: OBEX File Transfer

Everything seems to be OK for now.

I tried the simple way (gnome-bluetooth, "Send file to..." etc...) but
that didn't work and I didn't saw any messages on the cellular.

I then tried obexftp :

elesouef@lothlorien:~$ obexftp -b -l
Scanning ...
Using 00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 Manu-T630
Failed to connect to SDP server: Operation already in progress

I suppose there's something wrong in my setup.

Anyone got an idea ?

TIA

Emmanuel

PS : Using Ubuntu 6.06 :

elesouef@lothlorien:~$ dpkg -l \*bluez\* |grep ii
ii bluez-cups 2.24-0ubuntu6 Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
ii bluez-pcmcia-support 2.24-0ubuntu6 PCMCIA support files for BlueZ
2.0 Bluetooth
ii bluez-pin 0.25-1ubuntu2 Bluetooth PIN helper with D-BUS
support
ii bluez-utils 2.24-0ubuntu6 Bluetooth tools and daemons

by redondos

On Tue, Aug 15 23:08, Emmanuel Lesouef wrote:
> Hello bluez-users list,
>
> I'm currently trying to setup the communication between my laptop and my
> cell phone (Sony Ericsson T630)
>
> elesouef@lothlorien:~$ hcitool scan
> Scanning ...
> 00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 Manu-T630
> elesouef@lothlorien:~$ sdptool browse 00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 |grep "Service Name"
> Service Name: Dial-up Networking
> Service Name: Voice gateway
> Service Name: Serial Port 1
> Service Name: Serial Port 2
> Service Name: OBEX Object Push
> Service Name: IrMC Synchronization
> Service Name: HF Voice gateway
> Service Name: OBEX Basic Imaging
> Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
>
> Everything seems to be OK for now.
>
> I tried the simple way (gnome-bluetooth, "Send file to..." etc...) but
> that didn't work and I didn't saw any messages on the cellular.
>
> I then tried obexftp :
>
> elesouef@lothlorien:~$ obexftp -b -l
> Scanning ...
> Using 00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 Manu-T630
> Failed to connect to SDP server: Operation already in progress

Maybe the error message was exactly the answer to your question. Give it
a few seconds and try again. If it doesn't work, try restarting the sdp
daemon, as well.

But maybe not, maybe you need to specify the channel number in which
your phone listens for OBEX-push transfers. sdptool should tell you that,
without the grepping, of course. :)

Once you find that out, try:

$ obexftp -b 00:0F:DE:CB:D4:04 -B <channel> -l

I think that'll work.

> I suppose there's something wrong in my setup.

I don't think so. I have been experiencies more or less the same
problems. Most of them can be worked around by knowing (with a little
experience) when/what to do when something fails. Usually, waiting until
my phone's Bluetooth icon "idles" is enough, but sometimes a little more
fiddling is required.

--
redondos

Attachments:
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by digitalfredy

Hello, review this link
http://es.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hacks_para_sistemas_operativos_Unix-like/Redes=
/Bluetooth/Linux

and try use the obexftp from debian repository, some time ago i use
ubuntu but the obexftp of ubuntu don't work

El mar, 15-08-2006 a las 23:08 +0200, Emmanuel Lesouef escribi=F3: