2006-08-31 15:38:53

by David Armour

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

hello Paulo
> Hi,
> did it work? let me know.

thanks for your interest. i'm keeping a record of this experience, in
the hope that others can learn from it.
now, running:

>> sudo hcitools auth 00:03:89:53:EC:7F ## gives:
>> sudo: hcitools: command not found ## !

i'm *looking at* the hcitools icon in /usr/bin, as we speak... [slowly,
i turn! inch by inch...step by step!]

what do you think? a permission issue? doesn't sudo take care of that? a
path issue? i tried 'sudo /usr/bin/hcitools auth...' just to see. got
same result. <curious>

by Paulo Wollny

try hcitool (not hcitools). in case of doubt, type hcito and hit the TAB
key.... in bash shell, it will autocomplete, if it's on the path.

David Armour schrieb:
> hello Paulo
>
>> Hi,
>> did it work? let me know.
>>

> thanks for your interest. i'm keeping a record of this experience, in
> the hope that others can learn from it.
> now, running:
>
> >> sudo hcitools auth 00:03:89:53:EC:7F ## gives:
> >> sudo: hcitools: command not found ## !
>
> i'm *looking at* the hcitools icon in /usr/bin, as we speak... [slowly,
> i turn! inch by inch...step by step!]
>
> what do you think? a permission issue? doesn't sudo take care of that? a
> path issue? i tried 'sudo /usr/bin/hcitools auth...' just to see. got
> same result. <curious>

by redondos

On Thu, Aug 31 08:38, David Armour wrote:
> hello Paulo
> > Hi,
> > did it work? let me know.
> >
> thanks for your interest. i'm keeping a record of this experience, in
> the hope that others can learn from it.
> now, running:
>
> >> sudo hcitools auth 00:03:89:53:EC:7F ## gives:
> >> sudo: hcitools: command not found ## !
>
> i'm *looking at* the hcitools icon in /usr/bin, as we speak... [slowly,
> i turn! inch by inch...step by step!]

The program is called 'hcitool' and is probably located in /usr/bin.
(Please note that you are referring to it as 'hcitools', with a tailing
's')

Check with which, whereis, or your favorite method, where in your
PATH this binary is located.

--
redondos

Attachments: