2006-10-15 04:47:33

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: [Bluez-users] PIN Authentication Problems on MDV 2007

Hi,
I have updated to Mandriva 2007, and I can't figure why, I can't make
things get back working, when I used mdv 2006 all bluez went on OK.

Here is my hcid.conf:
#
# HCI daemon configuration file.
#

# HCId options
options {
# Automatically initialize new devices
autoinit yes;

# Security Manager mode
# none - Security manager disabled
# auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
# user - Always ask user for a PIN
#
security user;

# Pairing mode
# none - Pairing disabled
# multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
# once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
pairing multi;

# Default PIN code for incoming connections
passkey "1234";

pin_helper /bin/bluepin;

#dbus_pin_helper;
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
# Local device name
# %d - device id
# %h - host name
name "BlueZ (%d)";

# Local device class
class 0x3e0100;

# Default packet type
#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

# Inquiry and Page scan
iscan enable; pscan enable;

# Default link mode
# none - no specific policy
# accept - always accept incoming connections
# master - become master on incoming connections,
# deny role switch on outgoing connections
lm accept;

# Default link policy
# none - no specific policy
# rswitch - allow role switch
# hold - allow hold mode
# sniff - allow sniff mode
# park - allow park mode
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
}
---

/bin/bluepin is no more than a link to kbluetooth pin.

The thing is that, when ever I try to establish a connection, it seems
that BlueZ (or something else) is missing the PIN code.

I'm doing:
hcitool cc 00:50:C2:58:50:00 //To get the connection on
hcitool key 00:50:C2:58:50:00 //To Exchange Link Kety,

I have even tried with hcitool auth 00:50:C2:58:50:00, every time the
result is the same.

hcidump -X -V shows this:
> HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
bdaddr 00:50:C2:58:50:00
< HCI Command: PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) plen 6
bdaddr 00:50:C2:58:50:00
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) ncmd 1
status 0x00 bdaddr 00:50:C2:58:50:00
> HCI Event: Auth Complete (0x06) plen 3
status 0x06 handle 1
Error: PIN or Key Missing

And I never get a Pin Request from the BlueZ side.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Manuel

by Stefan Seyfried

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 06:21:00PM +0200, Dietmar Segbert wrote:
> Hello Marcel,
> =

> i have compiled bluez-utils-3.7 and copied the passkey-agent from the
> hcid/ to /usr/local/bin manually.
> =

> I have googled and i find a line
> =

> passkey-agent --default /usr/bin/bluepin

Well, only if you want your PIN to be "/usr/bin/bluepin" :-)

Just use "passkey-agent --default 1468", replace 1468 with $YOURPIN.

> I have not installed gnome on my system and so i can't compile bluez-
> gnome. I only use a textbased slackware 10.2 with speakup and brltty for
> speech and braille.
> =

> Must i install an other key-agent?

No, the passkey-agent from the hcid/ dir should work just fine for your cas=
e.
-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =

by Dietmar Segbert

i have compiled bluez-utils-3.7 and copied the passkey-agent from the
hcid/ to /usr/local/bin manually.

I have googled and i find a line

passkey-agent --default /usr/bin/bluepin

to start the agent.

but where i can find "blupin".

I have not installed gnome on my system and so i can't compile bluez-
gnome. I only use a textbased slackware 10.2 with speakup and brltty for
speech and braille.

Must i install an other key-agent?

Thanks for your help.

Dietmar

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,

> >> starting with bluez-utils-3.x the PIN helper concept has been replaced
> >> with a passkey agent interface. You need to run a passkey agent to get
> >> you PIN request dialog. One example would be bt-applet from the
> >> bluez-gnome package
> >
> I could fix it. How do I tell BlueZ to always use the same passkey
> agent? Like it was done in the pass with the pin stuff?

you install a default passkey agent and have no device specific passkey
agent running at the same time.

Regards

Marcel

by Manuel Naranjo

Manuel Naranjo wrote:

> [...]

> I have even tried with hcitool auth 00:50:C2:58:50:00, every time the
> result is the same.
>
> hcidump -X -V shows this:
> > HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
> bdaddr 00:50:C2:58:50:00
> < HCI Command: PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) plen 6
> bdaddr 00:50:C2:58:50:00
> > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
> PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) ncmd 1
> status 0x00 bdaddr 00:50:C2:58:50:00
> > HCI Event: Auth Complete (0x06) plen 3
> status 0x06 handle 1
> Error: PIN or Key Missing
>
> And I never get a Pin Request from the BlueZ side.

starting with bluez-utils-3.x the PIN helper concept has been replaced
with a passkey agent interface. You need to run a passkey agent to get
you PIN request dialog. One example would be bt-applet from the

by Mats Karlsson

Marcel Holtmann <marcel <at> holtmann.org> writes:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> starting with bluez-utils-3.x the PIN helper concept has been replaced
> with a passkey agent interface. You need to run a passkey agent to get
> you PIN request dialog. One example would be bt-applet from the
> bluez-gnome package.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Marcel,

Witch passkey agent is recommended on machines with only console interface
(CLI), example: Servers and appliances ?

Is the passkey-agent.c still a example or has it matured to a non example code ?

Kind regards
Mats