2006-11-07 15:04:53

by Smobbl_Bobbl

Subject: [Bluez-users] usb-device cannot be found by other bluetooth devices

hi!

can someone help me to make my usb-stick "searchable" by other devices?

i installed mandriva linux 2007, with all the bluetooth things.
i can send files to other devices (handy, pda...), but if i search in my
handy for other near devices, i cannot find the usb-stick!
if i want the handy to pair with the pc (initiated by pc), the handy
says i have to input my password. if i do so, my phone shows a
progressbar, but in the end it fails.

can someone help me to make my usb-stick "searchable" by other devices?

thank you
smobbl_bobbl

by Stefan Seyfried

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:04:03PM +0000, Simon Williams wrote:
> Stefan Seyfried wrote:

> > use "apitest" to set the DiscoverableTimeout to 0:
> > =

> > apitest SetDiscoverableTimeout 0
> > =

> > then set your device to discoverable:
> > =

> > apitest SetMode discoverable
> > =

> > verify your settings with
> > =

> > apitest IsDiscoverable
> > apitest GetMode
> > apitest GetDiscoverableTimeout
> > =

> =

> Alternatively, make sure that hscan and pscan are enabled for that device.

IIRC this will still be disabled after DiscoverableTimeout seconds.
-- =

Stefan Seyfried \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices \ wanted to be paid for what I write."
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg \ -- Leonard Cohen

by Simon Williams

Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> Hi Smobbl
>
> (i would complain to your parents about that name :-)
>
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 04:04:53PM +0100, Smobbl_Bobbl wrote:
>> hi!
>>
>> can someone help me to make my usb-stick "searchable" by other devices?
>>
>> i installed mandriva linux 2007, with all the bluetooth things.
>> i can send files to other devices (handy, pda...), but if i search in my
>> handy for other near devices, i cannot find the usb-stick!
>> if i want the handy to pair with the pc (initiated by pc), the handy
>> says i have to input my password. if i do so, my phone shows a
>> progressbar, but in the end it fails.
>
> do you have a passkey-agent registered?
>> can someone help me to make my usb-stick "searchable" by other devices?
>
> use "apitest" to set the DiscoverableTimeout to 0:
>
> apitest SetDiscoverableTimeout 0
>
> then set your device to discoverable:
>
> apitest SetMode discoverable
>
> verify your settings with
>
> apitest IsDiscoverable
> apitest GetMode
> apitest GetDiscoverableTimeout

Alternatively, make sure that hscan and pscan are enabled for that device.

by Stefan Seyfried

Hi Smobbl

(i would complain to your parents about that name :-)

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 04:04:53PM +0100, Smobbl_Bobbl wrote:
> hi!
> =

> can someone help me to make my usb-stick "searchable" by other devices?
> =

> i installed mandriva linux 2007, with all the bluetooth things.
> i can send files to other devices (handy, pda...), but if i search in my =

> handy for other near devices, i cannot find the usb-stick!
> if i want the handy to pair with the pc (initiated by pc), the handy =

> says i have to input my password. if i do so, my phone shows a =

> progressbar, but in the end it fails.

do you have a passkey-agent registered?
> =

> can someone help me to make my usb-stick "searchable" by other devices?

use "apitest" to set the DiscoverableTimeout to 0:

apitest SetDiscoverableTimeout 0

then set your device to discoverable:

apitest SetMode discoverable

verify your settings with

apitest IsDiscoverable
apitest GetMode
apitest GetDiscoverableTimeout

-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =