2006-11-20 14:19:00

by Philip Barnes

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] emulating a GPRS modem with a linux PC

I use this a lot to connect my palm T2 to the net through my pc. I am currently running fc6, however my config has not changed from fc5.

<pedant>
I suspect you mean use, the linux box as a WAP/router, GPRS is a GSM data protocol.
</pedant>

The relevant parts of my rc.local file are below.

HTH Phil

-- start of rc.local
mknod /dev/rfcomm0 c 216 0
mknod /dev/rfcomm1 c 216 1
/sbin/modprobe rfcomm
#
# Start configuration of Bluetooth network
/usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 up
/usr/sbin/hcid
/usr/sbin/sdpd
dund --listen --msdun 192.168.1.200:192.168.1.201
echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED
#
-- end of rc.local