2006-11-26 14:30:26

by Tianlei Zhao

Subject: [Bluez-users] Cross Compile bluez-utils failed on dbus dependency !

Hi, All

I'm cross compiling bluez-utils-3.7 to arm platform. The cross
compiler I use is arm-linux-gcc-3.4, and I have already cross
compiled bluez-libs successfully! When run

CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --host=i386-linux --target=arm-linux

I got the following error:

checking for DBUS... configure: error: dbus > 0.35 is required

As I can imagine, this is because bluez-utils depends on dbus, which
doesn't exist on my target platform, and nor does I like to build the
dbus system on my target platform.

Is there a way to avoid this?

I want to download some older releases of bluez to avoid the dbus
stuff, but I can't find any link on the bluez homepage. Does anyone
has a clue ?

thanks in advance!

--
You're almost as happy as you think you are.

by Tianlei Zhao

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 06:33:31PM +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm cross compiling bluez-utils-3.7 to arm platform. The cross
> > compiler I use is arm-linux-gcc-3.4, and I have already cross
> > compiled bluez-libs successfully! When run
> >
> > CC=arm-linux-gcc ./configure --host=i386-linux --target=arm-linux
> >
> > I got the following error:
> >
> > checking for DBUS... configure: error: dbus > 0.35 is required
> >
> > As I can imagine, this is because bluez-utils depends on dbus, which
> > doesn't exist on my target platform, and nor does I like to build the
> > dbus system on my target platform.
> >
> > Is there a way to avoid this?
> >
> > I want to download some older releases of bluez to avoid the dbus
> > stuff, but I can't find any link on the bluez homepage. Does anyone
> > has a clue ?
>
> you can go with bluez-utils-2.x to avoid the D-Bus dependency, but in
> general you wanna do the effort to get D-Bus running on your system. You
> should trust me on that one. At some point you start loving it.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

-------------------------

thank you for the fast reply!
I am not familiar with dbus for the moment, so I think bluez-utils-2.x
should be a better solution for now. Maybe I will try dbus later. How
big is cost of build dbus system on a arm embedded platform. I mean,
do I need to recompile busybox for dbus support or that I need enable
dbus support in some of my key services ?

--
This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a
little ironic since we may not have one.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,