2006-11-29 09:39:46

by gary ng

Subject: [Bluez-users] USB dongle failed to pair with headset

Hi,

I just got a no name dongle(CSR chipset) which I
failed to pair with my headset. I have no problem
pairing the headset with my t68i and I have no problem
pairing with the t68i using the dongle.

I can see the headset but "hcitool info" or "hcitool
cc" would both fail.

Does the dongle(i.e. firmware on it) play a role in
whether it can pair with a headset ?

When issuing "hciconfig -a", I don't see the Audio
service class which I have no idea if it matters or
not.

thanks for any help in advance.

regards

gary

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

by Brad Midgley

gary

> I just got a no name dongle(CSR chipset) which I
> failed to pair with my headset. I have no problem
> pairing the headset with my t68i and I have no problem
> pairing with the t68i using the dongle.

if this is ubuntu (maybe debian too), make sure you install
bluez-passkey-gnome. It's a distro bug... he default hcid.conf needs it
but the package doesn't require it.

Brad

by Tianlei Zhao

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 01:39:46AM -0800, gary ng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a no name dongle(CSR chipset) which I
> failed to pair with my headset. I have no problem
> pairing the headset with my t68i and I have no problem
> pairing with the t68i using the dongle.

Sometime ago, I have the same problem with my headset and usb
bluetooth dongle. I solved that by force Security Mode 3 on my usb
dongle which can be reached by using
hciconfig hci0 auth
hciconfig hci0 encrypt
maybe you can try it. Or you can give the result of
hcidump -x -V
when you do
hcitool cc ...
this list has lots of expert here.

--
You will soon meet a person who will play an important role in your life.