2006-11-30 07:52:29

by CIJOML

Subject: [Bluez-users] MSI BToes 2.0 core revision

Hello,

I just bought MSI BToes 2.0

It's revision is 19.2 with chip BlueCore4-ROM

It has general CSR HCI ID, so it works with XP SP2 without need of installing
any driver which is also gut.

But what surprised me a lot is that -ROM? Does it means that this dongle is
not flashable?

Thanks a lot for explanation

Michal

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] MSI BToes 2.0 core revision

Hi Michal,

> I just bought MSI BToes 2.0
>
> It's revision is 19.2 with chip BlueCore4-ROM
>
> It has general CSR HCI ID, so it works with XP SP2 without need of installing
> any driver which is also gut.
>
> But what surprised me a lot is that -ROM? Does it means that this dongle is
> not flashable?

yes. The -ROM means that this is a ROM based chip and you can't flash it
with any other firmware. The -External are rare nowadays.

Regards

Marcel