2006-12-08 12:47:15

by Christian Gebhard

Subject: [Bluez-users] latency problems

Good Afternoon

I have some problems concerning my round trip time using l2ping. I have two=
PCs(kernel 2.6.17) each with a Bluegiga WT11 module connected via USB. Whe=
n I use l2ping the round trip time is between 14ms and up to sometimes 65ms=
. I also wrote two programs that send and return numbers and count the tim=
e between sending and receiving a number. Here the times are similar. Howev=
er when I reduce the time between the pings the round trip time is a bit sh=
orter.

My questions:
- are these times normal (average of 20ms)?
- are the "extremely" varying times normal? =

- are the times dependent to the power management of the BT-module

I would appreciate any help

Regards

Chris
___________________________________________________________________________=
___
"Ein Herz f=FCr Kinder" - Ihre Spende hilft! Aktion: http://www.deutschlandsegelt.=
de
Unser Dankesch=F6n: Ihr Name auf dem Segel der 1. deutschen America's Cup-Y=
acht!

by Tianlei Zhao

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] latency problems

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:47:15PM +0100, Christian Gebhard wrote:
> Good Afternoon
>
> I have some problems concerning my round trip time using l2ping. I have two PCs(kernel 2.6.17) each with a Bluegiga WT11 module connected via USB. When I use l2ping the round trip time is between 14ms and up to sometimes 65ms. I also wrote two programs that send and return numbers and count the time between sending and receiving a number. Here the times are similar. However when I reduce the time between the pings the round trip time is a bit shorter.
>
> My questions:
> - are these times normal (average of 20ms)?
> - are the "extremely" varying times normal?
> - are the times dependent to the power management of the BT-module

I can not give any help unless you give the output of hcidump -x -V
It sounds like that some retransmissions occured.