2006-12-13 14:34:15

by amol kulkarni

Subject: [Bluez-users] Help , Bluetooth dongle not scannig cell

Hi

I am trying to connect from PC(Mandrake Linux-10.0)
using the USB dongle.(USBBTC1A USB : Class 1 USB
Bluetooth adapter, Billionton) to Nokia 6600.

when I tries to scan , it gives following output.
Its not showing the nokia phone.

[root@localhost a]# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
[root@localhost a]# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
[root@localhost a]#

Will you plz help me?

Thanks

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

by Tianlei Zhao

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 02:27:43PM +0000, amol kulkarni wrote:
> It's mandrake 10.0 with 2.6.3 kernel version
That's a pretty old kernel. I don't quite know the reason. Maybe you
can try a newer kernel.

--
Knock, knock!
Who's there?

by amol kulkarni

--- amateur <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 06:29:27PM +0000, amol
> kulkarni wrote:
> > yup. Its bluetooth option is set on.
> > Its getting scannned by other mobile phone, which
> > kept near to PC. My PC is not getting detected by
> > either mobile phones.
> What's the version of your kernel? Some 2.4 kernels
> have a bug to give
> you nothing for hcitool scan.
> >

> > --- amateur <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Linux-10.0)
> USB

> output.

> > > Have you setup your phone to be discoverable ?

> > > Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of
> IT
> > > Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll
> get
> > > the chance to share your
> > > opinions on IT & business topics through brief
> > > surveys - and earn cash

> > Yahoo! India Answers: Share what you know. Learn
> something new
> > http://in.answers.yahoo.com/
> -------------------------
>
> --
> There was a phone call for you.

> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get
> the chance to share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief
> surveys - and earn cash

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

by Tianlei Zhao

-------------------------

--
There was a phone call for you.

by amol kulkarni

yup. Its bluetooth option is set on.
Its getting scannned by other mobile phone, which I
kept near to PC. My PC is not getting detected by
either mobile phones.

--- amateur <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 02:34:15PM +0000, amol
> kulkarni wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to connect from PC(Mandrake
> Linux-10.0)
> > using the USB dongle.(USBBTC1A USB : Class 1 USB
> > Bluetooth adapter, Billionton) to Nokia 6600.
> >
> > when I tries to scan , it gives following output.
> > Its not showing the nokia phone.
> >
> > [root@localhost a]# hcitool scan
> > Scanning ...
> > [root@localhost a]# hcitool scan
> > Scanning ...
> > [root@localhost a]#
> >
> Have you setup your phone to be discoverable ?

> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get
> the chance to share your
> opinions on IT & business topics through brief
> surveys - and earn cash

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

by Tianlei Zhao