2006-12-18 05:56:40

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] minicom over /dev/rfcomm0 failed

Hi:
I am trying to use minicom on my SuSE box to receive connections from an
external device that connect, via Bluetooth, and handshake with the AT
command set.
I have /dev/rfcomm0. I also have entries in /dev/rfcomm0 that binds to the
BT_ADDR of that external device.
However, when I run minicom (with serial device set to /dev/rfcomm0), I got
back:

minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory.

I do have /dev/rfcomm0 and the permission on it looks correct.

Am I missing a step somewhere?
Any help much appreciated.

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (547.00 B)
(No filename) (602.00 B)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] minicom over /dev/rfcomm0 failed

Yes, that is the correct BT addr of the BT module that is trying to connect
to my SuSE box.
And I am running SuSE 10.1

thanks

On 12/18/06, Stefan Seyfried <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 08:43:58AM -0800, Mark S. Townsley wrote:
> > Hi Stefan: Below are the various info that you asked for. Let me know
> if
> > you notice anything I did that is wrong.
> >

> > linux-fqoe:~ # rfcomm
> > rfcomm0: 00:80:98:98:A2:28 channel 1 clean
> > linux-fqoe:~ #
> > linux-fqoe:~ # id
> > uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
> > linux-fqoe:~ # cat /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
> > #
> > # RFCOMM configuration file.
> > #
> >
> > rfcomm0 {
> > bind yes;
> > device 00:80:98:98:A2:28;
>
> is this the correct BDADDR?
> Did you already pair the devices?
>
> What SUSE version are you using?
>
> > channel 1;
> > }
> > linux-fqoe:~ #
> > linux-fqoe:~ # ls -l /dev/rfcomm0
> > crw-rw---- 1 root root 216, 0 Dec 18 08:16 /dev/rfcomm0
> > linux-fqoe:~ #
> > linux-fqoe:~ #
> > linux-fqoe:~ # minicom
> > LANG/ja
> > LANG/ko
> > LANG/ru
> > minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory
>
> This works for me, i only get "No such file or directory if i enter the
> wrong
> BDADDR in the rfcomm.conf file or if i wait too long during the "do you
> want
> to allow device foobar to access the internet via the phone" dialog with
> confirming (on the phone).
> --
> Stefan Seyfried \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
> QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices \ wanted to be paid for what I write."
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N?rnberg \ -- Leonard Cohen

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.59 kB)
(No filename) (2.38 kB)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Stefan Seyfried

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 08:43:58AM -0800, Mark S. Townsley wrote:
> Hi Stefan: Below are the various info that you asked for. Let me know if
> you notice anything I did that is wrong.
> =

> =

> linux-fqoe:~ # rfcomm
> rfcomm0: 00:80:98:98:A2:28 channel 1 clean
> linux-fqoe:~ #
> linux-fqoe:~ # id
> uid=3D0(root) gid=3D0(root) groups=3D0(root)
> linux-fqoe:~ # cat /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
> #
> # RFCOMM configuration file.
> #
> =

> rfcomm0 {
> bind yes;
> device 00:80:98:98:A2:28;

is this the correct BDADDR?
Did you already pair the devices?

What SUSE version are you using?

> channel 1;
> }
> linux-fqoe:~ #
> linux-fqoe:~ # ls -l /dev/rfcomm0
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 216, 0 Dec 18 08:16 /dev/rfcomm0
> linux-fqoe:~ #
> linux-fqoe:~ #
> linux-fqoe:~ # minicom
> LANG/ja
> LANG/ko
> LANG/ru
> minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory

This works for me, i only get "No such file or directory if i enter the wro=
ng
BDADDR in the rfcomm.conf file or if i wait too long during the "do you want
to allow device foobar to access the internet via the phone" dialog with
confirming (on the phone).
-- =

Stefan Seyfried \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices \ wanted to be paid for what I write."
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg \ -- Leonard Cohen

by Mark S. Townsley

Hi Stefan: Below are the various info that you asked for. Let me know if
you notice anything I did that is wrong.

linux-fqoe:~ # rfcomm
rfcomm0: 00:80:98:98:A2:28 channel 1 clean
linux-fqoe:~ #
linux-fqoe:~ # id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
linux-fqoe:~ # cat /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
#
# RFCOMM configuration file.
#

rfcomm0 {
bind yes;
device 00:80:98:98:A2:28;
channel 1;
}
linux-fqoe:~ #
linux-fqoe:~ # ls -l /dev/rfcomm0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 216, 0 Dec 18 08:16 /dev/rfcomm0
linux-fqoe:~ #
linux-fqoe:~ #
linux-fqoe:~ # minicom
LANG/ja
LANG/ko
LANG/ru
minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory

Mark

On 12/18/06, Stefan Seyfried <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 09:56:40PM -0800, Mark S. Townsley wrote:
> > Hi:
> > I am trying to use minicom on my SuSE box to receive connections from an
> > external device that connect, via Bluetooth, and handshake with the AT
> > command set.
> > I have /dev/rfcomm0. I also have entries in /dev/rfcomm0 that binds to
> the
> > BT_ADDR of that external device.
> > However, when I run minicom (with serial device set to /dev/rfcomm0), I
> got
> > back:
> >
> > minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory.
> >
> > I do have /dev/rfcomm0 and the permission on it looks correct.
>
> Please show us your /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf, the output of "rfcomm" as
> root, "ls -l /dev/rfcomm0" and "id" as your user.
> --
> Stefan Seyfried
> QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N?rnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out."

(No filename) (2.11 kB)
(No filename) (3.07 kB)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Stefan Seyfried

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 09:56:40PM -0800, Mark S. Townsley wrote:
> Hi:
> I am trying to use minicom on my SuSE box to receive connections from an
> external device that connect, via Bluetooth, and handshake with the AT
> command set.
> I have /dev/rfcomm0. I also have entries in /dev/rfcomm0 that binds to t=
he
> BT_ADDR of that external device.
> However, when I run minicom (with serial device set to /dev/rfcomm0), I g=
ot
> back:
> =

> minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory.
> =

> I do have /dev/rfcomm0 and the permission on it looks correct.

Please show us your /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf, the output of "rfcomm" as
root, "ls -l /dev/rfcomm0" and "id" as your user.
-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =