2007-01-08 18:35:15

by Damien Bardon

Subject: [Bluez-users] My device can't be detected by another one

Hello,

I have the following problem, I don't really know where to find a solution,
that is why I ask for your help. I have a Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd
Bluetooth Dongle (Bus 001 Device 017: ID 0a12:0001), regarding the list
here : http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices this
device should work with linux. I have an OpenSuse 10.2, and the device is
perfectly detected, and I can see other devices and connect to them. The
problem is that other devices (I have tried with two different mobile phones,
one nokia and one samsung) can't see my device. Which means that for example,
I can send a file from my laptop to my phone, but can't send a file from my
phone to my laptop. My linux seems to be configured to be able to be
detected, but I have probably missed something and I hope you can tell me
what.

Here is the content of /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

options {
autoinit yes;
security auto;

pairing multi;

passkey "0123";
}

device {
name "damienlap";

class 0x3e010c;

iscan enable;
pscan enable;

lm accept;

lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
}

Tell me if you need more details.

Thanks a lot,

Damien

by Damien Bardon

Thanks a lot it is working I had to do :
# apitest SetMode discoverable

This is not very convenient, it would be better if it was integrated to
kbluetoothd, or configurable with Yast...

Cheers,

Damien

On Monday 08 January 2007 19:45, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 07:35:15PM +0100, Damien Bardon wrote:
> > perfectly detected, and I can see other devices and connect to them. The
> > problem is that other devices (I have tried with two different mobile
> > phones, one nokia and one samsung) can't see my device. Which means that
> > for example, I can send a file from my laptop to my phone, but can't send
> > a file from my phone to my laptop. My linux seems to be configured to be
> > able to be detected, but I have probably missed something and I hope you
> > can tell me what.
>
> Read /usr/share/doc/packages/bluez-utils/README.SUSE
> If there are still problems, ask again.

by Stefan Seyfried

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 07:35:15PM +0100, Damien Bardon wrote:

> perfectly detected, and I can see other devices and connect to them. The =

> problem is that other devices (I have tried with two different mobile pho=
nes, =

> one nokia and one samsung) can't see my device. Which means that for exam=
ple, =

> I can send a file from my laptop to my phone, but can't send a file from =
my =

> phone to my laptop. My linux seems to be configured to be able to be =

> detected, but I have probably missed something and I hope you can tell me =

> what.

Read /usr/share/doc/packages/bluez-utils/README.SUSE
If there are still problems, ask again.
-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =