2007-01-30 00:02:51

by [email protected]

Subject: [Bluez-users] bnep0 not appearing in list of devices

Hello,

I am trying to get a PC with a Bluetooth USB dongle
to talk to a BT-enabled small device (a Gumstix computer).
I know it's possible because I had it working last week. (Sigh)

I am working off the notes on this page:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/muhammad_al_ismail/bluetooth/
The PC is running CentOS 4.3.

I am (I think) following the instructions, but bnep0 does
not appear on the list of devices returned by ifconfig
(neither on the server nor on the client).
So that makes the stuff about assigning addresses, etc,
irrelevant.

What is it that causes bnep0 to show up?
Is there some particular program that must be run to
make it happen?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.

Robert Dodier

by paivakil

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> writes:

> I am trying to get a PC with a Bluetooth USB dongle
> to talk to a BT-enabled small device (a Gumstix computer).
> I know it's possible because I had it working last week. (Sigh)
>
> I am working off the notes on this page:
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/muhammad_al_ismail/bluetooth/
> The PC is running CentOS 4.3.
>
> I am (I think) following the instructions, but bnep0 does
> not appear on the list of devices returned by ifconfig

I think bnep0 comes up when a link is established.

--
Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
It's not the software that's free; it's you.