2007-02-27 16:53:21

by Michał Majchrowicz

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem with PAN. Bnep doesn't work ?

Hi I have a problem with PAN.
I have succesfully configured pand connection
on sever:
pand -l
bnep0 11:22:33:44:55:66 NAP
on client:
pand -l
bnep0 66:55:44:33:22:11 NAP
where 66:55.... is MAC of server and 11:22.... is MAC of client.
According to all infor I just should do ifconfig bnep0 10.0.0.1 on
server and ifconfig bnep0 10.0.0.2 on client. And ping should work.
But it doesn't :( What may be the reason.
I just wanted to explain that 10.0.0.0/24 is free and not used by
another device and I don't have firewall. Please help me :)
Regards Michael.

Attachments:
(No filename) (555.00 B)
(No filename) (715.00 B)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by [email protected]

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Problem with PAN. Bnep doesn't work ?

Quoting Micha=B3 Majchrowicz <[email protected]>:

> Hi I have a problem with PAN.
> I have succesfully configured pand connection
> on sever:
> pand -l
> bnep0 11:22:33:44:55:66 NAP
> on client:
> pand -l
> bnep0 66:55:44:33:22:11 NAP
> where 66:55.... is MAC of server and 11:22.... is MAC of client.

Michael, the problem could be any one of a number of things...
To help with tracking down the source of the error, try these programs:
sdptool browse
l2ping xx.xx.xx.xx
hcitool scan

should all show something.
Also try tail -f /var/log/messages
to see if the kernel writes something there.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Let us know how it goes.

Robert Dodier