2007-03-02 15:57:02

by Michael Mauch

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] HELP configure: error: Bluetooth library is required

Meenakshi Seeballack wrote:

> I think I need to start from scratch to get the bluetooth folder in
> /usr/inlcude.

Why do you think so? For a novice it is a lot easier to use the packages
that came with your distribution. Please use the package manager of your
distribution and search for everything with "bluez" in the name, then
install these packages.

Please don't try to install from sources if you don't really have to.

> and saved them onto my desktop. I have a folder called bluez on my desktop,
> and I have un-packed the tarballs above.
> I am in the terminal trying to install bluez-utils-3.9 by ./configure and I
> get this error:
> configure: error: Bluetooth library is required
> Please guide me in my next steps as i am a novice to Linux?

Which of the tar balls that you downloaded might possibly be the
"Bluetooth library"? Also, please look into the README and INSTALL
files.

Regards...
Michael