2007-05-16 08:52:27

by Ismael Valladolid Torres

Subject: [Bluez-users] Is root needed to run this bluetooth related code

I'll copy and paste some code of the bluez utils in order for one of
my applications to be able to execute tasks similar to those run by
these commands.

$ hcitool scan

In order to get a list of devices within range.

$ sdptool browse ...

In order to get a list of active profiles in the device selected by
the user.

$ rfcomm connect ...

I order to enable a serial device between my application and the
needed profile in the selected device.

My question is: Will an application that needs to perform these task
be forced to be run as root?

Any pointers welcome.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres m. +34679156321
La media hostia j. [email protected]

http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/