2007-07-09 22:00:25

by David Abrahams

Subject: [Bluez-users] Why do I have to pair my headset each time?

My cellphone remembers its relationship to my bluetooth headset, but
it seems the computer does not. Is there some trick I'm missing?

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

by Thilo Rießner

Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2007 00:00 schrieb David Abrahams:
> My cellphone remembers its relationship to my bluetooth headset, but
> it seems the computer does not. Is there some trick I'm missing?
>
> TIA,
Sounds like a similar problem I've had with my bluetooth mouse (see
thread: "HP Bluetooth PC Card Mouse"). I solved it by starting the hidd with
the following options:
--connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E --master --server
(with your correct bluetooth address of course)
openSuSE 10.2 to starts the hidd during system boot with the arguments found
in the variable HID_DAEMON_ARGS in the file /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth. I
guess, other distributions have similar mechanisms. So you need not to set
this options every time after a restart.