2007-07-13 21:19:49

by David Abrahams

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Why do I have to pair my headset each time?

on Tue Jul 10 2007, Thilo Riessner <thilo-AT-riessner.de> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2007 00:00 schrieb David Abrahams:
>> My cellphone remembers its relationship to my bluetooth headset, but
>> it seems the computer does not. Is there some trick I'm missing?
>>
>> TIA,
> Sounds like a similar problem I've had with my bluetooth mouse (see
> thread: "HP Bluetooth PC Card Mouse"). I solved it by starting the hidd with
> the following options:
> --connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E --master --server
> (with your correct bluetooth address of course)
> openSuSE 10.2 to starts the hidd during system boot with the arguments found
> in the variable HID_DAEMON_ARGS in the file /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth. I
> guess, other distributions have similar mechanisms. So you need not to set
> this options every time after a restart.

Yes, that's what I do with my mouse. But I was under the impression
that the BT device (mouse in that case) had to be on at startup for
the above to work. My headset is often not on, or not nearby. Does
that make a difference?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

by Thilo Rießner

Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2007 23:19 schrieb David Abrahams:
> on Tue Jul 10 2007, Thilo Riessner <thilo-AT-riessner.de> wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2007 00:00 schrieb David Abrahams:
> >> My cellphone remembers its relationship to my bluetooth headset, but
> >> it seems the computer does not. Is there some trick I'm missing?
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >
> > Sounds like a similar problem I've had with my bluetooth mouse (see
> > thread: "HP Bluetooth PC Card Mouse"). I solved it by starting the hidd
> > with the following options:
> > --connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E --master --server
> > (with your correct bluetooth address of course)
> > openSuSE 10.2 to starts the hidd during system boot with the arguments
> > found in the variable HID_DAEMON_ARGS in the file
> > /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth. I guess, other distributions have similar
> > mechanisms. So you need not to set this options every time after a
> > restart.
>
> Yes, that's what I do with my mouse. But I was under the impression
> that the BT device (mouse in that case) had to be on at startup for
> the above to work. My headset is often not on, or not nearby. Does
> that make a difference?
No, it works like you would expect to. No matter weather it is switched on by
hand, or wakes up after a sleep, it works after a about 2 seconds.
Much luck

Thilo