2007-08-06 07:42:20

by [email protected]

Subject: [Bluez-users] how to make the device be discoverable

(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Thomas Kear

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007, [email protected] wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I use bluez in embedded linux, it can use "hcitool scan" command to search
> for other bluetooth device , how to make it be discoverable so that other
> device can discover it? Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Leiyu

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez /org/bluez/hci0
org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable

More or less.

add
discovto 0;

to the 'device' section of hcid.conf to make it permanent, or a non-zero value
to set a time before the device becomes hidden again (i think in minutes, but
not sure)

Thomas

Attachments:
(No filename) (613.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)
Download all attachments