2007-09-19 21:58:23

by Gene Imes

Subject: [Bluez-users] How do I get rfcomm to reread config file?

I am posting again because my first post did not get a reply.

I have several bluetooth gps receivers. In /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf I
have their MAC address listed but commented out except the one I want to
use. However, when change and restart the bluetooth service the new
address is not picked up and the old one is still by rfcomm.

How can I get rfcomm to pick up the new MAC?

/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf:

rfcomm0 {
# Automatically bind the device at startup
bind yes;

# Bluetooth address of the device
#device 00:08:1B:C0:D3:1F;
#device 00:0B:0D:18:15:4F;
#GPSlim240
device 00:0B:0D:6D:E2:E6;

# RFCOMM channel for the connection
# channel 1;
}

My bluez is 3.18 on Gentoo.

Thanks for any help,

--
Gene Imes ============================= ozob.net

by Gene Imes

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Gene,
>

> calling "rfcomm unbind all" and then "rfcomm bind all" should work.

The obvious thing.

Thanks both,

--
Gene Imes ============================= ozob.net

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Gene,

> I have several bluetooth gps receivers. In /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf I
> have their MAC address listed but commented out except the one I want to
> use. However, when change and restart the bluetooth service the new
> address is not picked up and the old one is still by rfcomm.
>
> How can I get rfcomm to pick up the new MAC?
>
> /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf:
>
> rfcomm0 {
> # Automatically bind the device at startup
> bind yes;
>
> # Bluetooth address of the device
> #device 00:08:1B:C0:D3:1F;
> #device 00:0B:0D:18:15:4F;
> #GPSlim240
> device 00:0B:0D:6D:E2:E6;
>
> # RFCOMM channel for the connection
> # channel 1;
> }
>
> My bluez is 3.18 on Gentoo.

calling "rfcomm unbind all" and then "rfcomm bind all" should work.

Regards

Marcel

by Stefan Seyfried

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 04:58:23PM -0500, Gene Imes wrote:
> I am posting again because my first post did not get a reply.
> =

> I have several bluetooth gps receivers. In /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf I =

> have their MAC address listed but commented out except the one I want to =

> use. However, when change and restart the bluetooth service the new =

> address is not picked up and the old one is still by rfcomm.
> =

> How can I get rfcomm to pick up the new MAC?

rfcomm release all
rfcomm bind all

is one way to do it.
-- =

Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, N=FCrnberg | "Well, surrounding them's out." =

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG N=FCrnberg)