2007-10-17 06:39:22

by Thilo Rießner

Subject: [Bluez-users] HP Bluetooth PC Card Mouse doesn't work after upgrade to openSuSE 10.3

Hello,

my HP Bluetooth PC Card Moue, worked fine under openSuSE 10.2 after I
added --connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E to the hidd option (in the
file /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth). But after upgrade to 10.3 this trick doesn't
work any more. I tryed to to remove the pionting device and create it new.
But than I have to switch the mouse in discorvery more. Is there any hint how
to solve the problem?
Many thanks in advance

Thilo

by Thilo Rießner

I got the solution at last. It is in the file "/etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf". T=
he =

parameter "lm" (link mode) has to be set to "master". After that the =

reconnection of the mouse worked again. If for some reasons the link mode =

should not be set to "master", you can use the following script after =

switching the mouse (or any other hid device?) on:

################## direct executable python script ########################
#!/usr/bin/python
import dbus

bus =3D dbus.SystemBus()

# service activation
bmgr =3D =

dbus.Interface(bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez'), 'org.bluez.Manage=
r')
bus_id =3D bmgr.ActivateService('input')
imgr =3D =

dbus.Interface(bus.get_object(bus_id, '/org/bluez/input'), 'org.bluez.input=
.Manager')
devlist =3D imgr.ListDevices()

for dev in devlist:
idev =3D dbus.Interface (bus.get_object(bus_id,dev), 'org.bluez.input.Dev=
ice')
print(dev)
idev.Disconnect()
idev.Connect()
###########################################################################=
################

Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007 schrieb Thilo Riessner:
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> > Hi Thilo,

> > > I tried that already, but it doesn't work for me, at least not
> > > satisfying. The reconnect does not work. Should the hidd still run, a=
nd
> > > if yes, which options should it be given? I guess "--connect
> > > 00:02:76:00:D0:3E" is not needed any more? But maybe --master and/or
> > > --server?
> >
> > no, go with the input service. It should work.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel
>
> Thanks for your information so far. But still the mouse doesn't work. The=
re
> seems to be a kind of connection between the mouse and the notebook (the
> kbluetooth icon in the system tray gets blue and lists the hp-mouse as
> connected), but the LED of the mouse remains dark, and it simply does not
> work. As I said, it used to work with openSuSE 10.2 and hidd.
>
> Thilo

-- =

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Thilo Rie=DFner

|Rie=DFner Gase GmbH & Co. KG |
|Rudolf-Diesel-Stra=DFe 5 |
|96215 Lichtenfels |
|Telefon: 0049 (0) 9571 / 765 - 0 |
|Telefax: 0049 (0) 9571 / 765 - 67 |
|Komplement=E4rin: Rie=DFner-Gase Beteiligungs-GmbH |
|Sitz: Lichtenfels |
|Registergericht Coburg HRB 2616 |
|Registergericht Coburg HRA 3533 |
|Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer: Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Rolf Rie=DFner, |
| Dr. Thilo Rie=DFner |
|Umsatzsteuernummer: 173/06405 |
|Umsatz-IdNr.: DE 812 175 462 |

|Diese E-Mail (ggf. nebst Anhang) enth=E4lt vertrauliche und/oder |
|rechtlich gesch=FCtzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige |
|Adressat sind, oder diese E-Mail irrt=FCmlich erhalten haben, |
|informieren |Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie |
|diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe |
|dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. |
|This e-mail (and any attachment/s) contains confidential and/or |
|privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient |
|(or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender |
|immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, |
|disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is |
|strictly forbidden. |

by Thilo Rießner

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> Hi Thilo,

> > > the openSuSE 10.3 should use the input service. Check the
> > > wiki.bluez.org for details on how to configure devices. You only need
> > > to do that once btw. and then the mouse will re-connect.
> >
> > I tried that already, but it doesn't work for me, at least not
> > satisfying. The reconnect does not work. Should the hidd still run, and
> > if yes, which options should it be given? I guess "--connect
> > 00:02:76:00:D0:3E" is not needed any more? But maybe --master and/or
> > --server?
>
> no, go with the input service. It should work.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel
Thanks for your information so far. But still the mouse doesn't work. There
seems to be a kind of connection between the mouse and the notebook (the
kbluetooth icon in the system tray gets blue and lists the hp-mouse as
connected), but the LED of the mouse remains dark, and it simply does not
work. As I said, it used to work with openSuSE 10.2 and hidd.

Thilo

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Thilo,

> > > my HP Bluetooth PC Card Moue, worked fine under openSuSE 10.2 after I
> > > added --connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E to the hidd option (in the
> > > file /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth). But after upgrade to 10.3 this trick
> > > doesn't work any more. I tryed to to remove the pionting device and
> > > create it new. But than I have to switch the mouse in discorvery more. Is
> > > there any hint how to solve the problem?
> >
> > the openSuSE 10.3 should use the input service. Check the wiki.bluez.org
> > for details on how to configure devices. You only need to do that once
> > btw. and then the mouse will re-connect.
> >
> I tried that already, but it doesn't work for me, at least not satisfying. The
> reconnect does not work. Should the hidd still run, and if yes, which options
> should it be given? I guess "--connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E" is not needed
> any more? But maybe --master and/or --server?

no, go with the input service. It should work.

Regards

Marcel

by Thilo Rießner

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> Hi Thilo,
>
> > my HP Bluetooth PC Card Moue, worked fine under openSuSE 10.2 after I
> > added --connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E to the hidd option (in the
> > file /etc/sysconfig/bluetooth). But after upgrade to 10.3 this trick
> > doesn't work any more. I tryed to to remove the pionting device and
> > create it new. But than I have to switch the mouse in discorvery more. Is
> > there any hint how to solve the problem?
>
> the openSuSE 10.3 should use the input service. Check the wiki.bluez.org
> for details on how to configure devices. You only need to do that once
> btw. and then the mouse will re-connect.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel
I tried that already, but it doesn't work for me, at least not satisfying. The
reconnect does not work. Should the hidd still run, and if yes, which options
should it be given? I guess "--connect 00:02:76:00:D0:3E" is not needed
any more? But maybe --master and/or --server?
Thanks for your answer,

Thilo

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Thilo,