2008-01-06 04:28:25

by paul Rushworth

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Updated to bluez 3.24 from Ubuntu repo's. Headphones still disconnect after 2-3 mins.

Brad Midgley <bmidgley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Paul
>
> If you'll let someone else get a word in... :)
>
> You'll get a lot of data, but if you run this while playing audio,
> near the end it might say something interesting about the disconnect:
>
> sudo hcidump -XV >log
>
> aplay from the console might print a decent error message.
>
> Brad

thanks for the tip. I'm now trying to tightly define when it works or doesn't
and what steps i take. It is not working 100% of the time, but perhaps 80% of
the time. Xmoto doesn't seem to be a relevant factor.

I think ill try and map out a set of conditions over 2-3 days and see what i
come up with.

The net change does seem to be the 3.24 libs update?

Paul

@Colin Murphy : try it! sudo apt-get install xmoto.

@Paul Rushworth : Are you sure you are not running hardy? If you look at
packages.ubuntu.com, the official version for gutsy is 3.19 :
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/admin/bluez-utils. For Hardy, it is 3.24 :
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/admin/bluez-utils

But maybe you are right and my repos are outdated. Which one do you use?
Here is my sources.list :
****
#### OFFICIAL REPOS
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy main restricted universe
multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-security main restricted
universe multiverse
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-updates main restricted universe
multiverse

#### COMMERCIAL
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ gutsy partner

#### BACKPORTS
deb http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-backports main restricted
universe multiverse

## MEDIBUNTU
deb http://fr.packages.medibuntu.org/ gutsy free non-free

#### PICARD
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/luks/ubuntu gutsy main
****
--
vous pouvez consulter mon calendrier à l'adresse suivante :
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=trtf7d6pmhcmnqruefapk92vks%40group.calendar.google.com

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.15 kB)
(No filename) (1.84 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Colin Murphy

On Sunday 06 January 2008 04:28:25 Paul Rushworth wrote:
> Xmoto doesn't seem to be a relevant factor.

What is Xmoto? I can only find a motorcycle game.

Gotta' go, things to be, people to do, stuff to, err, stuff.