2008-01-20 23:52:54

by russell

Subject: [Bluez-users] All connections disconnect immediately

I just bought a bluetooth adaptor and bluetooth headset. I can connect to the headset and
to some of my neighbors' computers, but only for a second. When I run:

hcitool cc $HeadsetID

then try to run anything else that requires a connection I find that I am already disconnected.
I tell this because I run hcidump in another virtual terminal. I stay connected for about a second,
then hcid requests disconnection.

If I put another command on the same line, for instance:

hcitool cc $HeadsetID ; hcitool lq $HeadsetID

the 'lq' gets completed before the disconnection so I get a link quality report (240-255).

The same happens when I connect to a neighbor's computer (unbeknownst to them).

What's going on here?

by Mohan Sundaram

russell wrote:
> If I put another command on the same line, for instance:
>
> hcitool cc $HeadsetID ; hcitool lq $HeadsetID
>
> the 'lq' gets completed before the disconnection so I get a link quality report (240-255).
>
> The same happens when I connect to a neighbor's computer (unbeknownst to them).
>
> What's going on here?
It is not pairing. Bluez site has info that describe how pairing can be
achieved.

Mohan