2008-01-29 22:19:59

by Russell A. Bell

Subject: [Bluez-users] registering a passkey agent with hcid

I can't bond to my headset. If I run hcid with debug output I
see:
call_passkey_agent(): no agent available

when I try to make a connection. It seems I have no passkey agent. I
notice that bluez-utils builds 'passkey-agent' in /daemon but doesn't
install it. When I put passkey-agent in the path with the rest of the
bluez-utils executables it still isn't found. How do I make hcid find
the passkey agent?

russell bell

by Brian Sammon

> I can't bond to my headset. If I run hcid with debug output I see:
> call_passkey_agent(): no agent available
>
> when I try to make a connection. It seems I have no passkey agent. I
> notice that bluez-utils builds 'passkey-agent' in /daemon but doesn't
> install it. When I put passkey-agent in the path with the rest of the
> bluez-utils executables it still isn't found. How do I make hcid find
> the passkey agent?

Well, if it works like the gnome passkey agent, you just run it, and it
registers itself.