2008-01-31 20:28:08

by Russell A. Bell

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] unique bus name

'Could you try running it manually as root with
"/usr/lib/bluetooth/ bluetoothd-service-audio -s" as see what messages
you get?'

/etc/bluetooth# /usr/local/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd-service-audio -s
audio[5746]: Bluetooth Audio daemon
audio[5746]: Config options: DisableHFP=true, SCORouting=PCM, SourceCount=2
audio[5746]: Unix socket created: 5
audio[5746]: Adding service record failed: Connection refused
audio[5746]: Unable to register HS AG service record
audio[5746]: Unregistered manager path
audio[5746]: Audio init failed!

This causes nothing to show up in hcidump, so it isn't even
getting to the Bluetooth transceiver.

Everything I try, when it gets through to the target headset,
times out. 'Pin Code Request' returns 'Error: LMP Response Timeout'
Is this more likely the headset or the transceiver?

russell bell

by Johan Hedberg

Hi,

On Jan 31, 2008, at 22:28, Russell A. Bell wrote:
> 'Could you try running it manually as root with
> "/usr/lib/bluetooth/ bluetoothd-service-audio -s" as see what messages
> you get?'
>
> /etc/bluetooth# /usr/local/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd-service-audio -s
> audio[5746]: Bluetooth Audio daemon
> audio[5746]: Config options: DisableHFP=true, SCORouting=PCM,
> SourceCount=2
> audio[5746]: Unix socket created: 5
> audio[5746]: Adding service record failed: Connection refused
> audio[5746]: Unable to register HS AG service record
> audio[5746]: Unregistered manager path
> audio[5746]: Audio init failed!

I think that error could be caused by you not having a local SDP
server running. You should either have sdpd running or have started
hcid with the -s switch (the preferred way).

Johan