2008-02-11 03:15:03

by Russell A. Bell

Subject: [Bluez-users] passkey-agent and auth-agent

'I was of the impression that passkey-agent and auth-agent
were unsupported/sample programs. Am I correct? As far as I can tell,
they are undocumented, neither in the tarball, nor in the wiki (aside
from a few brief mentions) I don't have a full build system up right
now, but judging from the various Makefile.in files in the tarball, it
appears they are not built by default. Debian does not distribute
them-- does any distribution?'
Slackware doesn't. I built from source which built these two
but install didn't put them into the target bin directory; I did by
hand.

russell bell

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] passkey-agent and auth-agent

Hi Russell,

> 'I was of the impression that passkey-agent and auth-agent
> were unsupported/sample programs. Am I correct? As far as I can tell,
> they are undocumented, neither in the tarball, nor in the wiki (aside
> from a few brief mentions) I don't have a full build system up right
> now, but judging from the various Makefile.in files in the tarball, it
> appears they are not built by default. Debian does not distribute
> them-- does any distribution?'
> Slackware doesn't. I built from source which built these two
> but install didn't put them into the target bin directory; I did by
> hand.

they are not meant to be distributed at all. So nobody should distribute
them. They are purely example code and for developers only.

Regards

Marcel