2008-02-11 17:31:30

by Russell A. Bell

Subject: [Bluez-users] failed PIN Code Request

Quoth jayjwa:
'Years ago I used Slackware, and it never installed stuff in
/usr/local. Unless it underwent a fundimental change (and that's hard
to image if you know how Patrick is) that looks like a 3rd-party or
user add-on.'
I built my bluetooth stuff from source so I could have the
latest. I mentioned Slackware because everything I don't build from
source comes from Slackware.

'passkey-agent --default <PIN> <bt address of remote device> &
'auth-agent &'
This doesn't work for me.

'On the Jabra I use, there is a button on the side. Pressing
it causes it to try to pair with the computer. At that time,
passkey-agent and auth-agent answer, and output to the console that
they did get a request.'
I have a Motorola HS850. The instructions tell me to close
it, press the button for a few seconds until the light comes on, then
open it (which turns it on), then its ready to pair for a few seconds.
I run:
hcitool cc $headset

and get:

Can't create connection: Connection timed out

Speaking into the headset doesn't help.

hcidump returns:

< HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
bdaddr 00:13:17:DD:D0:86 ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x01 clkoffset 0x0000
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
> HCI Event: Link Key Request (0x17) plen 6
bdaddr 00:13:17:DD:D0:86
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
status 0x22 handle 0 bdaddr 00:13:17:DD:D0:86 type ACL encrypt 0x00
Error: LMP Response Timeout

russell bell