2008-05-13 21:26:59

by Micha

Subject: [Bluez-users] Connecting to a bluetooth device as a serial port

I have a legos mindstorms nxt brick that I want to control from matlab. As far
as I can tell matlab doesn't know bluetooth but it can work with serial ports.
How do I setup the bluetooth connection as a serial port so that I can connect
to it using matlab to send/receive data?

Thanks

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Micha,

> I have a legos mindstorms nxt brick that I want to control from matlab. As far
> as I can tell matlab doesn't know bluetooth but it can work with serial ports.
> How do I setup the bluetooth connection as a serial port so that I can connect
> to it using matlab to send/receive data?

look into the RFCOMM support of BlueZ.

Regards

Marcel