2005-04-25 18:17:31

by N. I.

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: bluez with scatternet

Thanks for reply Marcel.
Can you please tell me how to create an ACL link?
I'm running Java application on top of the stack, hence the only thing
I can do is executing the tools command like hcitool etc.

How do I create ACL link to reflect the master - slave configuration
as described?

thanks

On 4/22/05, N. I. <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm new to Bluetooth, as well as scatternet type of network.
>=20
> I'm trying to create a scatternet network as followed:
>=20
> Piconet 1:
> Master A
> Slave B, C, D
>=20
> Piconet 2:
> Master C (slave in piconet 1)
> Slave M, N, Q.
>=20
> My questions:
>=20
> 1) What are the steps to create this type of scatternet?
> What should be done to configure master/slave C to play this role
> in the network?
>=20
> 2) Assuming that the scatternet is created succesfully. If
> Master/Slave C dies, how can slaves M, N and Q be able to route
> messages to Master A?
>=20
> 3) For this current configuration of network, what should I consider
> in pairing devices in sunny situation (Master/Slave C up and running)
> and when master/slave C dies (rainy condition)?
>=20
> Please help,
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> N.I.

by Marco Trudel

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: bluez with scatternet

just create usual connections.
check the bluetooth specification for the definition of master/slave roles
and role switching.

regards
Marco