2005-04-27 18:24:56

by N. I.

Subject: [Bluez-users] /etc/bluetooth/pin

My device uses the fault pin as 1234.
I want to change it to something else, e.g. 55113.

What I did was to modify the /etc/bluetooth/pin file to have the
content only of 55113.
My pin_helper has something like:

#!/bin/sh
echo "PIN:"$(cat /etc/bluetooth/pin)

When I try to use l2ping to other device, my initiating l2ping device
fails right away with message: "Can't connect.: Permission denied"

Is there anything missing that I can do in order for "NOT" using the
default pin?

N.I

by Marco Trudel

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] /etc/bluetooth/pin

N. I. wrote:
> My device uses the fault pin as 1234.
> I want to change it to something else, e.g. 55113.
>
> What I did was to modify the /etc/bluetooth/pin file to have the
> content only of 55113.
> My pin_helper has something like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "PIN:"$(cat /etc/bluetooth/pin)
>
> When I try to use l2ping to other device, my initiating l2ping device
> fails right away with message: "Can't connect.: Permission denied"

Is the l2ping performed on the host with the described pin setup?
Please do a hcidump to see what really happens...

I think the remote device asks for a pin, you supply 55113 and it fails
because the remote device expects another one. but withhout a hcidump it's
not possible to know...

> Is there anything missing that I can do in order for "NOT" using the
> default pin?

actually what you described above is doing exactly that. incoming and
outgoing connections use now 55113. the only thing you might check is if
hcid.conf points to the correct pin_helper application. the rest looks fine...

regards
Marco