2004-11-16 14:18:13

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluetooth connection goes down

hi marcel and all,
I have the following doubts

1> I use "hcitool cc <bt_addr> command " to connect to my neighboring
BT device. The first few times this connects with no errors. After
sometime, the connection goes down for some reason and if I try yo
coonect again, I get an error saying

"Can't create connection: Input/output error"......can someone tell me
as to why i am getting this error.

2> I use bnep for tcp/ip communication and this connection also goes
down after sometime. I try to connect using "pand --connect
<bt_addr>"....and in /var/log/daemon.log in get the following lines

Nov 16 19:42:29 edpc449 pand[2128]: Bluetooth PAN daemon
Nov 16 19:42:29 edpc449 pand[2128]: Connecting to <bt_addr>
Nov 16 19:42:29 edpc449 pand[2128]: Connect to <bt_addr> failed.
Operation already in progress(114)

I have tried killing the processes and connection(using pand --kill)
on both sides....and then restarting them....but to no effect. Only a
clean reboot seems to be the solution.
Hope u can help me with this too.

regards,
manjunath

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth connection goes down

hi marcel,
thanx ...this works fine....previously, i was doing it wrong...........

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:42:23 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Manjunath,
>
> > 1> i am using the hcitool to get the rssi, lq and tpl
> > values........hcitool gives me these values only after a "cc" to my
> > neighbor BT device. Is there some other method to get these values????
> > Also, are there any other performance parameters specific to BT i can
> > measure, like delay??
>
> the RSSI, link quality and transmit power level commands of hcitool also
> work when you created the connection through L2CAP etc. If you confuse
> your Bluetooth chips with creation and termination of the low level HCI
> connection then it is your fault.
>
> > 2> I am using linux kernel 2.6.6 and currently available bluetooth
> > debian packages.
>
> Update to at least 2.6.9-mh3 or use 2.6.10-rc2.
>

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:53:55 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have the following doubts
> >
> > 1> I use "hcitool cc <bt_addr> command " to connect to my neighboring
> > BT device. The first few times this connects with no errors. After
> > sometime, the connection goes down for some reason and if I try yo
> > coonect again, I get an error saying
> >
> > "Can't create connection: Input/output error"......can someone tell me
> > as to why i am getting this error.
>
> the "hcitool cc ..." command is only for testing. Don't use it.
>

> > 2> I use bnep for tcp/ip communication and this connection also goes
> > down after sometime. I try to connect using "pand --connect
> > <bt_addr>"....and in /var/log/daemon.log in get the following lines
> >
> > Nov 16 19:42:29 edpc449 pand[2128]: Bluetooth PAN daemon
> > Nov 16 19:42:29 edpc449 pand[2128]: Connecting to <bt_addr>
> > Nov 16 19:42:29 edpc449 pand[2128]: Connect to <bt_addr> failed.
> > Operation already in progress(114)
> >
> > I have tried killing the processes and connection(using pand --kill)
> > on both sides....and then restarting them....but to no effect. Only a
> > clean reboot seems to be the solution.
> > Hope u can help me with this too.
>
> What kernel version is this? Stop using "hcitool cc ...".
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,