2004-11-18 10:16:06

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] baseband characteristics

hi marcel,
is it possible to study the frequency hopping pattern........i mean,
if i could some way dump the changing channel numbers into a log
file.???

i also want to understand the baseband throughput.....can i get the
bit error rate before FEC is applied....is it possible????

hope u can suggest something...

also, what does a transmit power level of 4 mean??

regards,
manjunath

by Peter Stephenson

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] baseband characteristics

Also Mobiwave, http://www.mobiwave.com.

> > also, how will i be able to tweak the baseband layer?????
>
> I am not sure, but I think the CATC BT-Tracer-Trainer can do that.

Yes, you can send particular sequences of packets with particular flags.

--
Peter Stephenson <[email protected]> Software Engineer
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

http://www.mimesweeper.com

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manjunath,

> can you throw some more light on which protocol analyser is currently
> doing well...........which one is worth purchasing....

actually you only have two choices. CATC or Frontline.

> also, how will i be able to tweak the baseband layer?????

I am not sure, but I think the CATC BT-Tracer-Trainer can do that.

Regards

Marcel

by Manjunath Prabhu

thanx marcel,

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:36:18 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Manjunath,
>
> > is it possible to study the frequency hopping pattern........i mean,
> > if i could some way dump the changing channel numbers into a log
> > file.???
>
> you can't do this without a protocol analyzer.
>
> > i also want to understand the baseband throughput.....can i get the
> > bit error rate before FEC is applied....is it possible????
>
> No. You can only do things that are defined in the HCI part of the
> Bluetooth specification.
>
> > also, what does a transmit power level of 4 mean??
>
> Check the HCI commands description for that.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manjunath,