2004-12-06 13:23:42

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] Link Quality

Hi Marcel,
The LM decides which packets to use to send data based on link quality.
How can I read or trace the packet type I am using currently? Or
rather if the packet type changes...will an event be generated? Do the
packet types change dynamically......as the link quality varies???

Can I somehow avoid FEC checks???May be by using DH packets......but I
know you say I shouldn't change packet types??? Is there someother
method to do so.

thanks ,
regards,
Manjunath

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Link Quality

Hi Marcel,

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:30:45 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Manjunath,
>
> > The LM decides which packets to use to send data based on link quality.
> > How can I read or trace the packet type I am using currently? Or
> > rather if the packet type changes...will an event be generated? Do the
> > packet types change dynamically......as the link quality varies???
>
> the link manager has a list of packet types it is able to use and it
> will use them. There exists a command to change the packet types of an
> already created connection and this command will also create an event
> that informs you that the packet types have changed. Besides this you
> can only guess from the size of ACL data packets what packet type the
> link manager is using and this is not an exact science.
>
> > Can I somehow avoid FEC checks???May be by using DH packets......but I
> > know you say I shouldn't change packet types??? Is there someother
> > method to do so.
>
> No, because DM1 is always allowed.
After a connection is established, I can change the packet to any of
the DH types and avoid FEC........did you mean that even then DM1 is
allowed.

Does, opening a socket and then connect() at the
L2CAP......automatically establish an HCI connection first and then an
L2CAP connection on top of it?? This is what HCI dump shows..

Can I in someway just create an HCI connection and then pump HCI data
packet with some known payload??? In a way, just pump raw bits.....

Manjunath

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann