2004-12-09 07:45:08

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] link quality values at rx and tx

Hi marcel,
With DBT-120, I am getting different LQ values at the transmitter and
receiver for different packet types.
I am communicating with DH5 packets, at the Tx i get LQ=200, at Rx i
get LQ=195....around the same.
I am communicating with DM5 packets, at the Tx i get LQ=190, at Rx i
get LQ=80 or 90 . How is this possible?

How does the LQ vary with packet type??

Manjunath

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] link quality values at rx and tx

Hi Manjunath,

> With DBT-120, I am getting different LQ values at the transmitter and
> receiver for different packet types.
> I am communicating with DH5 packets, at the Tx i get LQ=200, at Rx i
> get LQ=195....around the same.
> I am communicating with DM5 packets, at the Tx i get LQ=190, at Rx i
> get LQ=80 or 90 . How is this possible?
>
> How does the LQ vary with packet type??

didn't I explained this in a previous thread? The link quality value is
manufacturer specific? They can use whatever value they want. In the
case of CSR chips it is related to the BER from packets with FEC.

http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/csr.html

Regards

Marcel