2004-12-13 04:03:24

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] l2test

Hi marcel,
i am conduting a l2test between 2 devices, say A and B, using fixed
packet types (i.e) i am setting the packet type to say DM1 on both
sides. Now when A sends data, does it send during all the 6 slots or
does it send in alternate slots as the receiver is just listening(not
sending)?? I want to know in which slots the packets are transmitted??
I am conducting the same tests for other packet types too.

In l2test, is the method of calculating the throughput correct??? It
is calculating the time as
time=time at which last byte is received - time at which first byte is
received.

Does this give an accurate measure of l2cap throughput??

Manjunath

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] l2test

Hi Manjunath,

> i am conduting a l2test between 2 devices, say A and B, using fixed
> packet types (i.e) i am setting the packet type to say DM1 on both
> sides. Now when A sends data, does it send during all the 6 slots or
> does it send in alternate slots as the receiver is just listening(not
> sending)?? I want to know in which slots the packets are transmitted??
> I am conducting the same tests for other packet types too.

and actually I advise you not to try anything like this, because you
can't measure things this way. The HCI is in between and there are no
rules that maps any of the ACL traffic on HCI to the ACL traffic on the
baseband. Get yourself a protocol analyzer and use its routines for
measurement of the traffic.

> In l2test, is the method of calculating the throughput correct??? It
> is calculating the time as
> time=time at which last byte is received - time at which first byte is
> received.

I never checked it and as the name suggest it is a test utility.

Regards

Marcel