2005-01-03 15:12:21

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] BT-1.2 spec device

Hi marcel,
I am looking at a BT dongle with Adaptive Frequency Hopping and power
control. I think I will find both these features in a Class-1 ,1.2
spec device.

I am looking at another feature, that is the device should be able to
read the piconet clock. i found that DBT-120 did not have this
feature. But DBT seemed to give a better LQ value. So i am a little
unsure about which product to purchase.

can you tell me which BT product with 1.2 spec with the above features
i can purchase??Will the BT products with EDR hit the market soon..

Manjunath

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BT-1.2 spec device

Dne po 3. ledna 2005 23:06 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> Hi Michal,

> > > in general yes, but I don't tested these ones. After I flashed a B4 it
> > > seems that I destroyed some of the radio/baseband settings. The Linux
> > > may still have some bugs and will not work with the timings of all
> > > flash chips.
> >
> > And you flashed 1.1 or 1.2 firmware? If you want, I can send you original
> > B4 firmware, if dongle is abble to go to DFU mode
>
> I had a backup of B4 and tried to re-flash it, but it didn't helped.
> However this must not mean anything. You can try the CSR flash tool or
> the tool that comes with the Widcomm stack.

So radio doesn't work??

M.

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Dne po 3. ledna 2005 19:23 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> Hi Manjunath,
>
> > I am looking at a BT dongle with Adaptive Frequency Hopping and power
> > control. I think I will find both these features in a Class-1 ,1.2
> > spec device.
>
> you can update the D-Link DBT-120 Rev. B3.

is B2 firmware supported too? Apple garantee it, but tried it anybody? My
friend want me to flash it for him, but I worry about destroying dongle.

> > I am looking at another feature, that is the device should be able to
> > read the piconet clock. i found that DBT-120 did not have this
> > feature. But DBT seemed to give a better LQ value. So i am a little
> > unsure about which product to purchase.
>
> As far as I know it has support for it after you flashed a HCI 18.x
> firmware into it.
>
> > can you tell me which BT product with 1.2 spec with the above features
> > i can purchase??Will the BT products with EDR hit the market soon..
>
> The number of Bluetooth 1.2 dongles is quite limited. However you can
> flash the D-Link with the Apple firmware or get a Anycom based on a
> Silicon Wave. These are the only ones I know of. I expect the first EDR
> dongles very soon, but actually this depends on how fast CSR can deliver
> its BlueCore4 in large quantities.

Other one is inluded to Genius Bluetooth Traveler. You still didn't it on your
list, Marcel...

hci1: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:C0:DF:6C:02:E2 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
RX bytes:226 acl:0 sco:0 events:20 errors:0
TX bytes:413 acl:0 sco:0 commands:19 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0x78 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x80
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: ACCEPT MASTER
Name: 'Linux (notas)'
Class: 0x100100
Service Classes:
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.2 (0x2) HCI Rev: 0x54a LMP Ver: 1.2 (0x2) LMP Subver: 0x54a
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

hci1: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:C0:DF:6C:02:E2 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
Build 1354
Chip version: BlueCore02
Max key size: 56 bit
SCO mapping: HCI

hci1: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:C0:DF:6C:02:E2 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x8f 0x78 0x18 0x18 0x00 0x80
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
<park state> <RSSI> <channel quality> <SCO link> <HV2 packets>
<HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD> <paging scheme>
<power control> <transparent SCO> <broadcast encrypt>
<inquiry with RSSI> <AFH cap. slave> <AFH class. slave>
<AFH cap. master> <AFH class. master> <extended features>

M.

> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann