2005-01-10 10:52:47

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: [Bluez-users] l2test error

Hi marcel,
i am running the l2test with some modifications to the code, the
connection reset i am getting after 512 packets is because of this
new code,

You suggested that it could be an endian bug and asked me to check the
hardware.
so this is not the problem.....I have added a new function to measure
RSSI values along with the throughput l2test measures. The RSSI part
of the code is the same as used in 'hcitool'. The 'connection reset by
peer' is because on the receiver side i see another error in this RSSI
fuction, which resets the connection.

the error i get is ,
"HCI device open failed:Too many open files"...

This is because to get dd i use hci_open_dev (dev_id) fuction, and at
the end of the function i close(dd) or hci_close_dev(dd)....but i
still get the same error. After 512 packets i don't get the dev_id or
dd and hence the error.
Hope you can help me.

Thanx,
regards,
Manjunath

by Manjunath Prabhu

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] l2test error

Hi marcel,
i found the bug, in my function i was returning the rssi value(return
rp.rssi) before i did a close(dd)........i just swaped the 2 lines and
the code works fine.......

when u pumped 5000 packets continously .....didn't the connection
close down after some 2000 odd packets ......i found that it does
....must be because of hci buffer getting full and some kind of queue
or buffer overflow??

Regards,
Manjunath

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:37:15 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Manjunath,
>
> > i am running the l2test with some modifications to the code, the
> > connection reset i am getting after 512 packets is because of this
> > new code,
> >
> > You suggested that it could be an endian bug and asked me to check the
> > hardware.
> > so this is not the problem.....I have added a new function to measure
> > RSSI values along with the throughput l2test measures. The RSSI part
> > of the code is the same as used in 'hcitool'. The 'connection reset by
> > peer' is because on the receiver side i see another error in this RSSI
> > fuction, which resets the connection.
> >
> > the error i get is ,
> > "HCI device open failed:Too many open files"...
> >
> > This is because to get dd i use hci_open_dev (dev_id) fuction, and at
> > the end of the function i close(dd) or hci_close_dev(dd)....but i
> > still get the same error. After 512 packets i don't get the dev_id or
> > dd and hence the error.
>
> why don't you open dd once at the beginning of your program and use it
> every time? On exit you close dd. Show me your code.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manjunath,