2007-01-13 06:16:19

by Prabhunath G

Subject: [Bluez-users] Object Push from Nokia N93 to BlueZ fails

Dear All,

I am doing an experiment to transfer file from Cellphones to Linux over BT
using BlueZ stack available in Linux.

Object Push from Nokia 93 to BlueZ fails.

1) I am able to push a file from Motorola to Linux BlueZ.

2) But I am unable to push a file from Nokia N93 to Linux BlueZ.

Error message displayed on Nokia 93 is "Unable to Connect".

Can anyone help me, in identifying what's going wrong from the log attached
below? Since I am new to BT, I am not yet become expert in understanding the
BT protocol. There is something going wrong from Linux BlueZ stack, when
Nokia
cellphone is sending file transfer request.

3) I also tried transferring files from Linux to Nokia, which works fine.

HciDumps for both the file pushes are given below

Note : I added a service OPUSH using "sdptool add OPUSH"

Linux Kernel : 2.6.18.1
BlueZ tools : bluez-libs-3.7
bluez-utils-3.7
openobex-1.3
obexftp-0.21

I have attached a Advik Bluetooth USB dongle

Note : File transfers work between Nokia 93 and MotoQ and also
File transfers work between Nokia 93 and BlueSoleil on WinXP

Attached are the 2 logs with names: Nokia_to_BlueZ
MotoQ_to_BlueZ

Thanks,
Prabhu

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.26 kB)
(No filename) (2.10 kB)
Nokia_to_BlueZ.txt (5.30 kB)
MotoQ_to_BlueZ.txt (7.67 kB)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Prabhunath G

Hi Marcel,
This time I am running only obexftpd, I even tried by removing all
conf from rfcomm.conf but No Luck, I am running into same issue, Yet again I
am not able to push file from Nokia to BlueZ, but I am able to Push file
from Motorola to BlueZ.

hcidump :- Nokia_to_BlueZ :
http://brochevarevarura.googlepages.com/n93_to_bluez

hcidump :- Moto_to_BlueZ :
http://brochevarevarura.googlepages.com/motoq_to_bluez

Thanks,
Prabhu

On 1/16/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Parbhu,
>
> > I started the rfcomm to listen on channel 9. Now, when I
> > transfer file from Nokia N93 to my
> > PC.
> > It hangs. hcidump will give a segmentation fault.
> > My configuration :
> > http://gprabhunath.googlepages.com/bluez_conf
> >
> > hcidump : http://gprabhunath.googlepages.com/home
> >
> > I did the following.
> > * Edited rfcomm.conf and hcid.conf (Ref: My configuration)
> > * started hcid and sdpd (service bluetooth start)
> > * started rfcomm to listen on channel 9 (rfcomm -i hci0
> > listen 2 9)
> > * started obexftpd (obexftpd -b -c /tmp/inbox)
>
> you should only use obexftpd and not "rfcommm listen". The rfcomm
> command will only create a TTY on successful connect, but then don't do
> the needed OBEX connection for the push.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.89 kB)
(No filename) (3.40 kB)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Parbhu,

> I started the rfcomm to listen on channel 9. Now, when I
> transfer file from Nokia N93 to my
> PC.
> It hangs. hcidump will give a segmentation fault.
> My configuration :
> http://gprabhunath.googlepages.com/bluez_conf
>
> hcidump : http://gprabhunath.googlepages.com/home
>
> I did the following.
> * Edited rfcomm.conf and hcid.conf (Ref: My configuration)
> * started hcid and sdpd (service bluetooth start)
> * started rfcomm to listen on channel 9 (rfcomm -i hci0
> listen 2 9)
> * started obexftpd (obexftpd -b -c /tmp/inbox)

you should only use obexftpd and not "rfcommm listen". The rfcomm
command will only create a TTY on successful connect, but then don't do
the needed OBEX connection for the push.

Regards

Marcel

by Prabhunath G

Hi Marcel,
I started the rfcomm to listen on channel 9. Now, when I transfer
file from Nokia N93 to my
PC.
It hangs. hcidump will give a segmentation fault.

My configuration : http://gprabhunath.googlepages.com/bluez_conf

hcidump : http://gprabhunath.googlepages.com/home

I did the following.
* Edited rfcomm.conf and hcid.conf (Ref: My configuration)
* started hcid and sdpd (service bluetooth start)
* started rfcomm to listen on channel 9 (rfcomm -i hci0 listen 2
9)
* started obexftpd (obexftpd -b -c /tmp/inbox)

output of hciconfig, hcitool scan, and sdptool browse can be
viewed at

On 1/15/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I am doing an experiment to transfer file from Cellphones to Linux
> > over BT
> > using BlueZ stack available in Linux.
> >
> > Object Push from Nokia 93 to BlueZ fails.
> >
> > 1) I am able to push a file from Motorola to Linux BlueZ.
> >
> > 2) But I am unable to push a file from Nokia N93 to Linux BlueZ.
> >
> > Error message displayed on Nokia 93 is "Unable to Connect".
> >
> > Can anyone help me, in identifying what's going wrong from the log
> > attached
> > below? Since I am new to BT, I am not yet become expert in
> > understanding the
> > BT protocol. There is something going wrong from Linux BlueZ stack,
> > when Nokia
> > cellphone is sending file transfer request.
> >
> > 3) I also tried transferring files from Linux to Nokia, which works
> > fine.
> >
> > HciDumps for both the file pushes are given below
>
> the MotoQ dump doesn't show any OBEX nor RFCOMM activity. The Nokia dump
> indicates that no RFCOMM server is listening on channel 9.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (2.33 kB)
(No filename) (3.87 kB)