2004-10-20 21:27:46

by Nigel Magnay

Subject: [Bluez-users] Sharing / redirecting a serial port

I have got the BlueZ stuff running nicely, and I can use the rfcomm
tools to connect a serial port over bluetooth and stuff, but I can't
figure out how I would do the following.

I have a serial GPS connected to linuxbox on /dev/ttyS0 which has a
bluetooth adapter.
I would like to listen for bluetooth serial connections, and when they
connect, pipe the output to it. In most instances the connecting
device will be a bluetooth iPAQ.

I can't figure out how I can do this from existing tools - is it possible?

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Sharing / redirecting a serial port

Hi Nigel,

> I have got the BlueZ stuff running nicely, and I can use the rfcomm
> tools to connect a serial port over bluetooth and stuff, but I can't
> figure out how I would do the following.
>
> I have a serial GPS connected to linuxbox on /dev/ttyS0 which has a
> bluetooth adapter.
> I would like to listen for bluetooth serial connections, and when they
> connect, pipe the output to it. In most instances the connecting
> device will be a bluetooth iPAQ.
>
> I can't figure out how I can do this from existing tools - is it possible?

sounds like you have to write a small RFCOMM server program for doing
this. Look at rctest and maybe dund for example code.

Regards

Marcel