2007-08-07 07:51:01

by Je Co

Subject: [Bluez-users] configure: error: dbus > 0.35 is requered

Hello,

I'm trying to get bluetooth working om my Absolute-box. Hope I'm doing the right things, to me it's a bit confusing what to do to get things working properly.

Now I'm trying to install the bluez-libs and bluez-utils. Think bluez-libs went well, but bluez-utils gives error when configuring.

Searched into old posts, but couldn't find the solution (think due to my lack of knowledge).

Don't think dbus is installed on my system, but what confuses me most, is that it seems to me that part of the installation is installing dbus (isn't it in the dir 'common'?).

What do I have to do?

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------

(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> You could make a howto now you know how it works and submit it
> to the community of the disto you use. They should add it to
> there documentation.
>
> I keep track of the things I'm doing at the Absolute-forum. If
> only to know what I've done in case I've to reinstall or
> upgrade. When everything starts working I hope it will work, a
> howto can be compiled. But that could take some time ......

we have wiki.bluez.org. Feel free to add some documentation.

Regards

Marcel

by Je Co

Adrian,
But i think this is up to the different distro's to provide the documentation for there end users, not the bluez community.

I agree.

You could make a howto now you know how it works and submit it to the community of the disto you use. They should add it to there documentation.

I keep track of the things I'm doing at the Absolute-forum. If only to know what I've done in case I've to reinstall or upgrade. When everything starts working I hope it will work, a howto can be compiled. But that could take some time ......

Regards,

Jeu.

---------------------------------
Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Adrian van Dongen

I agree,

But i think this is up to the different distro's to provide the
documentation for there end users, not the bluez community.

You could make a howto now you know how it works and submit it to the
community of the disto you use. They should add it to there documentation.

Regards,

Adrian.

On 8/7/07, Je Co <[email protected]> wrote:

> Marcel,
>
> Thanks for fast reply!
>
> Downloaded, configured, made and installed d-bus package, no problems.
>
> Configuring, making and installing bluez-utils, no problems anymore.
>
> Now I finally can start using the commands I find in other postings
> (hcitool etc.).
>
> Didn't connect to my phone yet, but will be a matter of time I hope.
>
> Think what lacks is a simple how-to from user-perspective how to get
> bluetooth up and running, in case a distro doesn't contain all necessary
> software like Absolute.
>
> Jeu.
>

> *Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>* wrote:
>
> you have to install the low-level D-Bus library libdbus and its
> development files. This is a hard requirement.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.77 kB)
(No filename) (2.88 kB)
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Je Co

Marcel,

Thanks for fast reply!

Downloaded, configured, made and installed d-bus package, no problems.

Configuring, making and installing bluez-utils, no problems anymore.

Now I finally can start using the commands I find in other postings (hcitool etc.).

Didn't connect to my phone yet, but will be a matter of time I hope.

Think what lacks is a simple how-to from user-perspective how to get bluetooth up and running, in case a distro doesn't contain all necessary software like Absolute.

Jeu.

Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote: you have to install the low-level D-Bus library libdbus and its
development files. This is a hard requirement.

Regards

Marcel

Building a website is a piece of cake.

(No filename) (315.00 B)