2007-12-18 08:13:45

by bsd user

Subject: [Bluez-users] can bluetooth mice work with 2 laptop at the same time?

Hi, all,

Can a bluetooth mice active as slave for at least 2 piconets? In other way,
I'd like to setup a bluetooth mice to work with 2 laptops at the same time.
Is it possible?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments:
(No filename) (193.00 B)
(No filename) (214.00 B)
(No filename) (308.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by bsd user

further more, can I associate 20 BT mices with one laptop's BT controller,
and anytime I can choose one of them move on the screen?. Do I have to
pre-configure up to 7 mices in concurrent and other in park state?

On Dec 18, 2007 5:27 PM, bsd user <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks for your answer, Mohan. In my limited experience with BT mice, I
> found sometimes the mice can not be inquired, I have to push "reset" button
> for several seconds and release it, then I can get mice info from inquiry
> command. I'd like to know, what's the state of mice, if I leave it alone for
> a certain long time without associate with laptop? standby or some else like
> parked?
>
> Thanks again!
>

> On Dec 18, 2007 4:31 PM, Mohan Sundaram <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > bsd user wrote:
> > > Hi, all,
> > >
> > > Can a bluetooth mice active as slave for at least 2 piconets? In other
> > > way, I'd like to setup a bluetooth mice to work with 2 laptops at the
> > > same time. Is it possible?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > BT mice are on serial pt-pt connections and thus can be paired with only
> > one computer IMHO at any point in time.
> >
> > Mohan

> > It's the best place to buy or sell services
> > for just about anything Open Source.
> >
> > http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;164216239;13503038;w?http://sf.net/marketplace

(No filename) (1.65 kB)
(No filename) (2.48 kB)
(No filename) (308.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by bsd user

Thanks for your answer, Mohan. In my limited experience with BT mice, I
found sometimes the mice can not be inquired, I have to push "reset" button
for several seconds and release it, then I can get mice info from inquiry
command. I'd like to know, what's the state of mice, if I leave it alone for
a certain long time without associate with laptop? standby or some else like
parked?

Thanks again!

On Dec 18, 2007 4:31 PM, Mohan Sundaram <[email protected]> wrote:

> bsd user wrote:
> > Hi, all,
> >
> > Can a bluetooth mice active as slave for at least 2 piconets? In other
> > way, I'd like to setup a bluetooth mice to work with 2 laptops at the
> > same time. Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> BT mice are on serial pt-pt connections and thus can be paired with only
> one computer IMHO at any point in time.
>
> Mohan

(No filename) (1.30 kB)
(No filename) (1.90 kB)