2006-11-15 19:24:55

by Manuel Naranjo

Subject: [Bluez-users] Low quality audio on Bluetooth Headset

Hi everyone,
I have a pair of Hifi bluetooth hearphones, that AIRcable
(http://www.aircable.net) send to me. I use it under Windows and Linux, it
cames with a usb bt dongle, that is recognized as a usb-sound card which
works perfectly, the thing is that when I try to use the headset with a
generic Bluetooth Dongle (using a2dpd) I get very low quality audio. I
think the headphones work at 22kHz, and I don't get more than 11kHz when
I use a2dpd, is there anything that I can do to fix this (including
doing some code :D)
Cheers,
Manuel

by Manuel Naranjo

> what kind of quality problem? Is it only the low sampling rate or is it
> one of the other problems? (low volume... popping sounds... played too
> fast or slow... static...)

Very low sampling rate, it must be working about 10kHz. And I also get
disconnection problems, but this can be due to problems on my usb
connectors, they aren't working very well lately.

> a2dp headsets are required to support 44.1khz btw.
Mhh damn, this can be the cause. They are supposed to support 22-24kHz.

Again, if I use windows with Widcomm I get a very high rate, it must
be about 22 khz. If I use the usb-dongle that comes with it, I get a
very good rate, under linux or windows.

I will try again, and see if I can improve it.

Thanks,
Manuel.

by Brad Midgley

Manuel

> I have a pair of Hifi bluetooth hearphones, that AIRcable
> (http://www.aircable.net) send to me. I use it under Windows and Linux, it
> cames with a usb bt dongle, that is recognized as a usb-sound card which
> works perfectly, the thing is that when I try to use the headset with a
> generic Bluetooth Dongle (using a2dpd) I get very low quality audio. I
> think the headphones work at 22kHz, and I don't get more than 11kHz when
> I use a2dpd, is there anything that I can do to fix this (including
> doing some code :D)

what kind of quality problem? Is it only the low sampling rate or is it
one of the other problems? (low volume... popping sounds... played too
fast or slow... static...)

a2dp headsets are required to support 44.1khz btw.

Brad